The official start of the holiday season brings an in ordinate amount of traffic to your household plumbing. We at Earl’s Plumbing think of it as though your house is having heart attack. “The Party Effect” that is the combination of cooking elaborate holiday feasts in the kitchen coupled with the increased traffic in your home and bathrooms is recipe for a plumbing disaster and an “all hands on deck” situation for plumbers around the country.
Do not be fooled into thinking that the simplest way to get rid of fat from turkeys, bacon and roasts is down the kitchen drain. It will harden and congeal there and then trap all your other food scraps. Congealed grease can harden into a consistency like candle wax or clay. Stringy pumpkin pulp takes on an epoxy-like hardness when dry. Be aware!
Cooks, sometimes inexperienced, overload garbage disposals with potato peelings, pumpkin pulp and other food waste. They fail to use enough water to flush them down the pipes, and then put cooking grease and oil in the mix and disaster is almost certain to ensue.
When houses are packed with guests, there are more showers and toilet flushes than normal. People toss disposable wipes, cotton balls or hair down the toilet and cause even more potential issues.
• Clean up oil and grease with paper towels and discard them. Or pour off grease into a container, let it congeal, and discard the container in the trash.
• Avoid putting stringy or fibrous waste down the disposal.
• Do not wait until the disposal is full to turn it on. Use plenty of water, and let it run for 20 or 30 seconds until it is clear.
• If there are a lot of house guests, wait 10 minutes or so between showers so slow drains can clear.
• Do not flush wipes, cotton swabs or paper towels down the toilet.
Most importantly, take care of any plumbing problems BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS and before they become a costly emergency. Earl’s Plumbing sewage and drain cleaning services are a great idea for a little preventative medicine.
Call us today, our friendly staff is waiting to help answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Have a Question?
Earl's Plumbing, Sewer and Drain has been in business for over 65+ years, and throughout our growth we are proud to offer the best in plumbing service.
We are here to help you solve your plumbing problem. Our knowledgeable staff will find the best solutions for you and your family at the best price.
We stand by our commitment : exceeding the clients expectations, and when the job is done they are 100% satisfied with our services.